If you have a fever or any other symptoms of COVID-19, or if you have received instructions from Public Health to self-isolate because of COVID-19, you must postpone getting vaccinated. The flu vaccine does not protect you against COVID-19 and does not make COVID-19 symptoms worse if you get infected.
Procedures to receive vaccination vary from one region to another. Some institutions require an appointment, whereas others do not.
Where to get vaccinated
To know how to proceed and where to get vaccinated, visit the website of your integrated health and social services centre (CISSS) or integrated university health and social services centre (CIUSSS) and select your region in the List of regions.
In addition, most pharmacies in Québec offer vaccination against the flu. Contact your pharmacist to check if he offers this service and, if so, to make an appointment.
Tips before going
- If you have already experienced major side effects after receiving flu vaccine, consult your doctor or a nurse before getting vaccinated. They can evaluate the risks and advantages of the vaccination depending on your age and health status.
- If you wish to get your child vaccinated, see the Vaccinating children against the flu section to learn more about it.
- If you do not feel well on the day of your vaccination, see the Conditions for postponing vaccination section to know whether or not to delay your vaccination.
List of regions (in French only)
To find your integrated health and social services centres (CISSS) or your integrated university health and social services centres (CIUSSS), consult the Finding your Integrated Centre (CISSS or CIUSSS) page.
- 01 - Bas-Saint-Laurent
- 02 - Saguenay — Lac-Saint-Jean
- 03 - Capitale-Nationale (Québec)
- 04 - Mauricie-et-Centre-du-Québec
- 05 - Estrie
- 06 - Montréal
- 07 - Outaouais
- 08 - Abitibi-Témiscamingue
- 09 - Côte-Nord
- 10 - Nord-du-Québec
- 11 - Gaspésie-Îles-de-la-Madeleine
- 12 - Chaudière-Appalaches
- 13 - Laval
- 14 - Lanaudière
- 15 - Laurentides
- 16 - Montérégie
- 17 - Nunavik : appelez votre Centre de santé
- 18 - Terres-Cries-de-la- B aie-James