The plan mainly covers the following types of compensation:
- Income replacement compensation
- Bodily injury compensation
- Personal assistance compensation
- Death and funeral costs compensation
- Reimbursement of expenses incurred due to bodily injury, including medical expenses
- Rehabilitation compensation
In the event of a death, the victim’s succession is entitled to compensation starting from the date of death.
The compensation payable under the plan is substituted to all the rights and recourses against Héma-Québec, its administrators and employees due to the bodily injuries suffered.
Under this plan, compensation is granted regardless of the responsibility or possible errors by the institutions or parties involved (e.g., health professionals, manufacturers, distributors, quality control inspectors).