Given that certain health measures implemented to protect Quebecers from COVID-19 will have to be observed in the longer term, the Québec government is requesting the cancellation of indoor and outdoor festivals and cultural events planned in Québec until August 31, 2020.
To offset the pandemic’s impact, the Québec government is planning and exploring guidance and support measures for the festivals and events that it funds through its departments and their programs.
This measure does not cover the regular activities of Québec sports federations during which it is possible to abide by health rules, especially physical distancing.
The organizers of certain sporting events, including professional sports, who believe that they are able to comply with the health rules in force are asked to submit the following information to email@example.com to obtain an assessment of whether or not it is possible to hold the event:
- Name and contact information
- Name of the event
- Place (specify whether it is an indoor or outdoor event)
- Number of people expected
- Measures taken to comply with physical distancing rules
- Other preventive measures adopted
- Any relevant additional information on the nature and conduct of the event
Last update: April 23, 2020