Legal and regulatory framework
This page will be updated soon.
The legal and regulatory framework for the QHR contains stringent confidentiality and privacy provisions. Criminal penalties will apply to anyone who violates these provisions.
- The Act respecting the sharing of certain health information Since it was adopted and assented to in June 2012, 4 orders in council have regulated the coming into force of the provisions in the Act. Some sections will come into effect at a later date. For further information, you can consult the orders in council:
- The Regulation respecting access authorizations and the duration of use of information held in a health information bank in a clinical domain . Since it came into force in June 2013, 1 ministerial order amends the Regulation. Some sections will come into effect at a later date. For further information, you can consult the ministerial order 2018-016
- The Québec Health Record Access to Information and Rectification Policy
- The Règles particulières en matière de gestion de l’information (in French only) defined by the health and social services network information officer and approved by the Conseil du trésor
- The policy statement on the use of services with respect to the register of users
- The policy statement on the use of services with respect to the register of providers