Legal and regulatory framework
The legal and regulatory framework for the QHR contains stringent confidentiality and privacy provisions. Criminal penalties will apply to anyone who violates these provisions.
- The Act respecting the sharing of certain health information Since it was adopted and assented to in June 2012, 4 orders in council have regulated the coming into force of the provisions in the Act. Some sections will come into effect at a later date. For further information, you can consult the orders in council:
- The Regulation respecting access authorizations and the duration of use of information held in a health information bank in a clinical domain . Since it came into force in June 2013, 1 ministerial order amends the Regulation. Some sections will come into effect at a later date. For further information, you can consult the ministerial order 2018-016
- The Québec Health Record Access to Information and Rectification Policy
- The Règles particulières en matière de gestion de l’information (in French only) defined by the health and social services network information officer and approved by the Conseil du trésor
- The policy statement on the use of services with respect to the register of users
- The policy statement on the use of services with respect to the register of providers