Accompagnement Québec is a free and personalized service offered to immigrants. Whether you are in Québec or abroad, it is designed to facilitate your integration and participation in French into Québec society.
Integration assistance agents from the Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Francisation et de l'Intégration (MIFI) are present in all regions of Québec.
They assess your immediate or future needs and help you prepare an individualized action plan so that you can:
- Come to live in Québec (Settlement);
- Discover Québec society (Community life);
- Learn French (Francization);
- Obtain recognition of your competencies (Recognition of competencies);
- Join the labour force (Employment);
- Be better informed about the immigration steps (Immigration procedures).
Conditions for admission
Accompagnement Québec is for people who already have immigration status in Québec. To register, you must have one of the following:
- a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ - Québec selection Certificate); OR
- a Québec Acceptance Certificate; OR
- a client number with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
When you register, you must provide:
- Your Ministry individual reference number, appearing on your CSQ (Québec Selection Certificate) or your CAQ (Québec Acceptance Certificate). The number consists of 8 to 11 digits and/or letters;
- Your IRCC client number, appearing on your immigration documents issued by the Government of Canada. This is the unique client ID number (UCI/IUC, consisting of 8 to 10 digits.
Without that information, you cannot use the Accompagnement Québec service.
Services offered in Québec
As soon as you arrive in Québec, an integration assistance agent will:
- help you evaluate your needs precisely;
- prepare your individualized action plan;
- refers you to a regional skills recognition counsellor from the Ministère;
- will direct you to the services of the Ministère's partner agencies.
Services offered to sponsored refugees
Accompagnement Québec is available to you in a format adapted to your needs. To register for the service in Arrima, ask for help from one of your sponsors.
Indicate your native language during registration to access interpretation services.
The integration aid agent will meet with you:
- 2 weeks after your arrival;
- 3 months after your arrival;
- 12 to 15 months after your arrival.
You will receive information to assist you in settling and integrating in Québec as well as a tailored action plan for the steps to follow.
One of your sponsors should be present at your first meeting. They can find out more about their sponsorship responsibilities and the Accompagnement Québec service.
A document (PDF 157 Kb) has been created to provide more information on this service; it has been translated into several languages:
- Document on Accompagnement Québec for sponsored refugees in French (PDF 74 Kb)
- Document on Accompagnement Québec for sponsored refugees in Arabic (PDF 293 Kb)
وثيقة حول خدمة Accompagnement Québec للاجئين باللغة العربية.
- Document on Accompagnement Québec for sponsored refugees in Dari (PDF 311 Kb)
مدرکی درباره سرویس همراهی کِبِک برای پناهندگان به زبان دَری.
Services offered abroad
Even before you arrive in Québec, you can contact an integration support agent to get the process started. He or she will direct you to the services available in your location, such as:
- French courses in a language school partner of the Government of Québec (translation available soon);
- Online French Courses (translation available soon);
- recognition of skills by qualifications ;
- information session on Québec and its regions .
Register to Accompagnement Québec
To benefit from the free services of Accompagnement Québec :
- Register with the online platform Arrima :
- create your account and your profile in Arrima;
- if, you already have one, sign in.
- Select Accompagnement Québec in the platform's left menu and follow the instructions.
If needed, consult the tutorials designed to facilitate your experience in Arrima (in French only).
You will receive a notification by email and in the Arrima message centre confirming your appointment with an Integration assistance agent.
Download the free mobile app
The Accompagnement Québec mobile app is available to enable you to access the service at all times. You can, in particular:
- See or cancel your appointments with your integration assistance officer
- Follow your individualized action plan
- Update the status of your actions
The time required to obtain an appointment with an integration assistance agent is generally 5 working days after applying for support.
Consult the Déclaration de services à la clientèle of the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration for more information.