Submitting your comparative evaluation application

If you can, submit your comparative evaluation application before you come to Québec. This will save time in your occupational integration process.

You can submit your application from Canada or from abroad.

Mailing your request

You must send your complete application by mail, in one envelope.

You must include in your application:

  • The Comparative evaluation for studies done outside Québec form
  • The documents to be submitted in support of your application
  • The fees required to review your application

You must:

  • Place each translation on top of the original document that was translated.
  • Place each diploma on top of the transcript associated with it

To avoid having your application returned unprocessed, gather together all the required documents, in the requested format, before sending it.

You must mail everything to the following address:

  • Address

    Direction de l’enregistrement et de l’évaluation comparative
    Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration
    Demande d’évaluation comparative
    285, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, 4e étage
    Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1T8

If you expect to move soon, please attach a signed letter providing:

  • Your future mailing address. Please make sure you follow the addressing system in the country where you will be living, in order to receive the results of your comparative evaluation application.
  • The expected date of your move.

If you have already submitted your comparative evaluation application and have received an acknowledgement of receipt, contact us quickly with your file number to provide your new contact information.

Processing time

Most applications for comparative evaluation are processed within 50 working days

The processing time begins as soon as your application has been received.

To estimate the processing time for your file, please check the receipt date of your application, which appears in the letter confirming that your file has been opened.

Consult the Déclaration de services à la clientèle of the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration for more information.

Using a representative to submit your application

You do not need to retain a paid representative to apply for a comparative evaluation of studies you have taken abroad.

No priority or special treatment will be granted to you if you use the services of an immigration professional unless you have a priority processing letter.

If you do decide to retain a paid representative, please see the Retaining the paid services of an individual page.

Last update: November 28, 2022


Was the information on this page useful to you?

You have questions or require additional information?

Please contact Services Québec