End of confinement
Confinement ends without further formality as soon as one or more of the following situations occur:
- The doctor provides a certificate stating that confinement is no longer justified
- A psychiatric examination report is not produced within the prescribed time limit
- The period of confinement fixed by the Court ends
- The Tribunal administratif du Québec renders a decision ending the confinement
- A decision of a court of law orders the end of the confinement
The institution must immediately inform the person that their confinement has ended.