QUÉBEC CITY, July 9, 2021 /CNW Telbec/ - The most recent data on the evolution of COVID-19, in the last 24 hours, in Québec show:
- 77 new cases, bringing the total number of people infected to 375,716*;
- 363,775 people have recovered;
- 1 new death, for a total of 11,230 deaths:
- 0 deaths in the last 24 hours,
- 1 death before July 2,
- 96 hospitalizations, for a decrease of 5;
- 22 people in intensive care, for a decrease of 1;
- 16,875 samples conducted on July 7.
* An update of the fichier d'inscription des personnes assurées (FIPA) at the RAMQ was carried out today in order to improve the nominative information available for the management of cases and contacts. This change has an impact on the cumulative number of confirmed cases. It also translates into a change in the regional distribution. A total of 210 confirmed cases, of which 168 are from 2020 and 42 from 2021, have thus been added to the cumulative since the beginning of the pandemic.
- 122,108 doses administered are added, that is 120,210 doses in the last 24 hours and 1,898 doses before July 8, for a total of 9,201,618 doses administered in Québec. Outside Québec, a total of 26,705 doses were administered, for a cumulative total of 9,228,323 doses received by Quebecers.
- 11,201,269 doses received in total.
Please note that as of next Monday, the summary table will be removed from the balance sheet press release. However, a summary table will be published on Mondays and upon return from statutory holidays, specifically to present the data for the previous days. However, those who wish to follow the evolution of the data on a daily basis can do so by consulting open data or the INSPQ website at https://www.donneesquebec.ca/ or at https://www.inspq.qc.ca/covid-19/donnees.
Summary Data Evolution Table1
102 (- 8 since July 1)
27 (-7 since July 1)
1 Note that the majority of data are presented according to the day they were entered. They are extracted at 4 p.m. at the date shown and cover the preceding 24 hours. However, the availability of the data on samples involves an additional delay of 24 hours and these correspond to the number of samples taken on the date shown.
2 It should also be noted that the data prior to those of the last 24 hours presented in the column Deaths have been adjusted according to the actual dates of death. This explains the variation of some data compared to those presented in previous press releases. The daily death toll is influenced by the time required for the physician to report the death, the time required to complete the investigation to confirm that the death was attributable to COVID-19, and the entry into the system.
3 Note that the number of doses administered may be subject to daily readjustment for the previous days, due to catching up due to a delay in data entry.
A reminder concerning public health instructions:
To limit the spread of the coronavirus as much as possible, it is important to follow basic preventive measures such as hand washing, physical distancing, wearing a face covering and following the instructions in effect in your region.
Remember that in the event of symptoms, it is always essential to isolate yourself and consult one of the self-care guides or call 1-877-644-4545 (or the telephone code corresponding to the region concerned) to find out the measures to be taken.
- Variant data, updated from Monday to Friday, available on the website of the Institut national de santé publique du Québec.
- Measures in effect .
- To monitor data updates, follow the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux's Twitter account at https://twitter.com/sante_qc (@sante_qc).
- COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool.
View original content: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/July2021/09/c9909.html