QUÉBEC CITY, July 12, 2021 The most recent data on the evolution of COVID-19, in the last 24 hours, in Québec show:
- 52 new cases (199 new cases since the last update), bringing the total number of people infected to 375,915;
- 364,033 people have recovered;
- 0 new deaths (1 death since the last update), for a total of 11,231 deaths:
- 88 hospitalizations, for a decrease of 8 since the last update;
- 25 people in intensive care, for an increase of 3 since the last update;
- 11,503 samples conducted on July 10.
- 66,745 doses administered are added, that is 65,405 doses in the last 24 hours and 1,340 doses before July 11, for a total of 9,467,386 doses administered in Québec. Outside Québec, a total of 27,691 doses were administered, for a cumulative total of 9,495,077 doses received by Quebecers.
- 11,201,269 doses received in total.
- What is expected this week:
- 324,090 doses of Pfizer.
To follow the evolution of the data on a daily basis, consult the open data or the INSPQ website at https://www.donneesquebec.ca/ or at https://www.inspq.qc.ca/covid-19/donnees. Note that the number of cases, deaths and doses administered, in particular, may be subject to daily readjustment for previous days, due to a catch-up due to a delay in data entry.
Summary Data Evolution Table since the last update1
Administered doses of vaccine3
1 Note that the majority of data are presented according to the day they were entered. They are extracted at 4 p.m. at the date shown and cover the preceding 24 hours. However, the availability of the data on samples involves an additional delay of 24 hours and these correspond to the number of samples taken on the date shown.
2 It should also be noted that the data prior to those of the last 24 hours presented in the column Deaths have been adjusted according to the actual dates of death. This explains the variation of some data compared to those presented in previous press releases. The daily death toll is influenced by the time required for the physician to report the death, the time required to complete the investigation to confirm that the death was attributable to COVID-19, and the entry into the system.
3 Note that the number of doses administered may be subject to daily readjustment for the previous days, due to catching up due to a delay in data entry.
A reminder concerning public health instructions:
To limit the spread of the coronavirus as much as possible, it is important to follow basic preventive measures such as hand washing, physical distancing, wearing a face covering and following the instructions in effect in your region.
Remember that in the event of symptoms, it is always essential to isolate yourself and consult one of the self-care guides or call 1-877-644-4545 (or the telephone code corresponding to the region concerned) to find out the measures to be taken.
- Variant data, updated from Monday to Friday, available on the website of the Institut national de santé publique du Québec.
- Measures in effect .
- To monitor data updates, follow the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux's Twitter account at https://twitter.com/sante_qc (@sante_qc).
View original content: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/July2021/12/c8208.html