QUÉBEC CITY, Jan. 21, 2022 /CNW Telbec/ - The most recent data on the evolution of COVID-19, in the last 24 hours, in Québec show:
- 5995 new cases, bringing the total number of people infected to 824,942*;
- 59 new deaths, for a total of 12,698 deaths;
- 3,351 hospitalizations, for a decrease of 60 compared to the previous day;
- 346 new entries,
- 406 new discharges;
- 265 people in intensive care, for a decrease of 20 compared to the previous day;
- 26 new entries,
- 46 new discharges;
- 43,241 samples conducted on January 19.
*Note that the number of cases listed is not representative of the situation since access to screening centres is restricted to priority clienteles.
- 113,829 doses administered are added, that is 108,305 doses in the last 24 hours and 5,524 doses before January 20, for a total of 16,915,403 doses administered in Québec. Outside Québec, a total of 264,806 doses were administered, for a cumulative total of 17,180,209 doses received by Quebecers.
To follow the evolution of the data on a daily basis, consult the open data or the INSPQ website at https://www.donneesquebec.ca/recherche/fr/organization/msss or at https://www.inspq.qc.ca/covid-19/donnees . Note that certain data, especially the number of cases, deaths and doses administered, may be subject to daily readjustment for previous days, given that a catch-up is necessary due to a delay in data entry.
A reminder concerning public health instructions:
To limit the spread of the coronavirus as much as possible, it is important to follow basic preventive measures such as hand washing, physical distancing, wearing a face covering and following the instructions in effect.
Remember that in the event of symptoms, it is always essential to isolate yourself and consult one of the self-care guides or call 1-877-644-4545 (or the telephone code corresponding to the region concerned) to find out the measures to be taken.
- Variant data, updated from Monday to Friday, available on the website of the Institut national de santé publique du Québec .
- Measures in effect .
- To monitor data updates, follow the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux's Twitter account at https://twitter.com/sante_qc (@sante_qc).
- COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool.
View original content: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/January2022/21/c8476.html