QUÉBEC CITY, July 21, 2022 /CNW/ - The most recent data on the evolution of COVID-19, in the last 24 hours, in Québec show:
- 2,149 new cases, bringing the total number of people infected to 1,132,785*;
- 20 new deaths reported in the last 24 hours, for a total of 15,834 deaths;
- 7,349 health care workers absent for COVID-related reasons (preventive withdrawal, isolation, awaiting results, etc.);
- 2,110 hospitalizations, including 714 due to COVID-19, for an increase of 53 compared to the previous day;
- 240 new entries,
- 187 new discharges;
- 59 people in intensive care, including 30 due to COVID-19, for an increase of 2 compared to the previous day;
- 12 new entries,
- 10 new discharges;
- 16,785 samples conducted on July 19;
- 259,283 self-declared rapid tests so far, including 216,251 positive: 698 declared for yesterday, including 613 positive.
*Note that the number of cases listed is not representative of the situation since access to screening centres is restricted to priority clienteles.
- 12,579 doses administered are added, for a cumulative total of 20,235,086 doses received by Quebecers.
To follow the evolution of the data on a daily basis, consult the open data or the INSPQ website at https://www.inspq.qc.ca/covid-19/donnees . Note that certain data, especially the number of cases, deaths and doses administered, may be subject to daily readjustment for previous days, given that a catch-up is necessary due to a delay in data entry.
A reminder concerning public health instructions:
To limit the spread of the coronavirus as much as possible, it is important to follow basic preventive measures such as hand washing, physical distancing, wearing a face covering and following the instructions in effect.
Remember that in the event of symptoms, it is always essential to isolate yourself and consult one of the COVID-19 self-assessment tool
View original content: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/July2022/21/c7410.html