QUÉBEC CITY, Aug. 3, 2022 /CNW Telbec/ - The most recent data on the evolution of COVID-19, in the last 24 hours, in Québec show:
- 1,505 new cases, bringing the total number of people infected to 1,151,659*;
- 21 new deaths reported in the last 24 hours, for a total of 15,992 deaths;
- 5,053 health care workers absent for COVID-related reasons (preventive withdrawal, isolation, awaiting results, etc.);
- 2,146 hospitalizations, including 733 due to COVID-19, for an increase of 20 compared to the previous day;
- 179 new entries,
- 159 new discharges;
- 67 people in intensive care, including 31 due to COVID-19, for an increase of 8 compared to the previous day;
- 13 new entries,
- 5 new discharges;
- 13,639 samples conducted on August 1;
- 270,079 self-declared rapid tests so far, including 225,747 positive: 382 declared for yesterday, including 327 positive.
*Note that the number of cases listed is not representative of the situation since access to screening centres is restricted to priority clienteles.
- 8,401 doses administered are added, for a cumulative total of 20,357,279 doses received by Quebecers.
To follow the evolution of the data on a daily basis, consult the open data or the INSPQ website at https://www.donneesquebec.ca/recherche/fr/organization/msss or at https://www.inspq.qc.ca/covid-19/donnees . Note that certain data, especially the number of cases, deaths and doses administered, may be subject to daily readjustment for previous days, given that a catch-up is necessary due to a delay in data entry.
A reminder concerning public health instructions:
To limit the spread of the coronavirus as much as possible, it is important to follow basic preventive measures such as hand washing, physical distancing, wearing a face covering and following the instructions in effect.
Remember that in the event of symptoms, it is always essential to isolate yourself and consult one of the self-care guides or call 1-877-644-4545 (or the telephone code corresponding to the region concerned) to find out the measures to be taken.
- Variant data, updated from Monday to Friday, available on the website of the Institut national de santé publique du Québec .
- Measures in effect .
- To monitor data updates, follow the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux's Twitter account at https://twitter.com/sante_qc (@sante_qc).
- Facebook account at https://www.facebook.com/SanteServicesSociauxQuebec/ .
- COVID-19 self-assessment tool
View original content: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/August2022/03/c5603.html