Recreational sports, leisure and outdoor activities carried out individually or in pairs, without physical contact, will be permitted outside starting on May 20.
This first resumption phase applies throughout Québec.
Starting May 20, non-organized outdoor recreational sports activities carried out individually or in pairs, without physical contact and with limited or no access to sanitation facilities, will be permitted:
Non-organized leisure activities
- Whitewater and still water canoeing and kayaking
- Rock climbing
- Day fishing
- Scuba diving and snorkeling (outdoors)
- Horseback riding (outdoors)
Non-organized outdoor recreational sports activities carried out individually or in pairs, without physical contact and with limited or no access to sanitation facilities
- Track and field (outdoor running and throwing events)
- Rowing (singles only)
- Speed canoeing and kayaking (singles only)
- Outdoor cycling
- Sea kayaking
- Open water swimming (lakes)
- Rollerblading on streets, bike paths or tracks
- Roller skiing
- Outdoor tennis (singles only)
- Triathlon (open water swimming only)
- Sailing (single rider only)
All of these activities may be carried out by individuals with a physical disability, provided they do not need assistance from anyone other than a person living with them.
Provincial sports federations and recreational and outdoor activity organizations have worked in collaboration with the Québec government to develop guidelines tailored to their respective fields and disciplines. These organizations are responsible for informing their members of these guidelines and for making it clear that health and safety guidelines, especially hygiene rules, must be followed in order to ensure that activities are practised safely.
Resumption of other activities
Additional phases in the resumption of activities will be announced at a later date and will be based on the following criteria:
- Physical distancing during the activity
- Equipment required
- Activity context (e.g. non-organized versus supervised training or competition)
Last update: May 15, 2020