How to register for specialized French courses by field of employment for immigrants

Information to provide

To register for a specialized French course by field of employment, you must provide:

  • A document proving your immigration status;


  • Your individual reference number. You can find it on one of these documents:
    • Your Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ);
    • Your Certificate of acceptance from Québec (CAQ);
    • Any other personal communication sent by the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration.

To apply for financial assistance, you need to provide your social insurance number (SIN). For information on how to get your social insurance number, visit Service Canada This hyperlink will open in a new window..

If you do not have a social insurance number, you will need:

  • Your Individual Tax Number (ITN);


  • Your Temporary Tax Number (TTN);

It is a 9-digit number, provided by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).

Fill out the application form

To register for specialized courses by job field:

  1. Visit the platform Apprendre le français.
  2. Click on the link Cours de français à temps partiel pour les personnes immigrantes et canadiennes de naissance (Part-time French courses for immigrants and Canadian-born individuals).
  3. Create an account on the Apprendre le français platform.
    If you already have an account, log in to it.
  4. Complete the application for admission to a part-time French course for immigrants.
  5. In the form, answer "Oui" (Yes) to the question: "Souhaitez-vous suivre un cours spécialisé par domaine d’emploi?" ("Would you like to take a specialized course by job field?")


If you need to, check out the tutorials This hyperlink will open in a new window. designed to help you navigate on the platform Apprendre le français. Courtesy translations of the application form are also available on the same page.

Last update: March 25, 2024


Was the information on this page useful to you?
General notice

You have questions or require additional information?

Please contact Services Québec