The Gouvernement du Québec holds exclusive intellectual property rights to all documents, data, compilations and other works it produces, publishes or distributes, whether such materials are official or administrative texts, statutes and regulations, annual reports, pamphlets, etc.
It is prohibited to reproduce, download, store, translate, adapt, publish or represent in public the copyrighted materials of the Gouvernement du Québec without prior authorization.
Request for authorization to reproduce copyrighted material
When completing the authorization request form, you must indicate:
- the source of the material (ideally with a hyperlink or the BAnQ reference number or ISBN);
- how the material will be used;
- the number of copies that will be made (where applicable);
- the date on which the material will be used;
- the full contact information of the person or organization to be billed.
A single authorization request is required for several materials if the billing information is the same in each case.
If not, you must submit a separate authorization request form for each material.
Make an online request (in French only)
In general, you will receive a response within 15 business days. However, processing times may be longer depending on the time of year, the specifics of your authorization request and the department or body that holds the copyright.
Last update: June 22, 2023