This page is only intended to inform you about the new government authentication solution.
To access certain Governement du Québec online services using the Government Authentication Service, go to the website of the government ministry or public body in question to select the desired online service. Note that many online services are still available without requiring a connection to the Government Authentication Service.
The Government Authentication Service will gradually replace the clicSÉQUR–Citoyens solution. During this transition period, clicSÉQUR and the new Government Authentication Service will coexist and allow you to access the government's online services. Therefore, even if you have created an account with the Government Authentication Service, it is recommended that you keep your clicSÉQUR account information, including your username and password.
The Gouvernement du Québec is offering a new technological solution: the Government Authentication Service. Using the device of your choice (computer, mobile phone, or tablet), you can access certain government services as well as your online records, in a secure manner, at any time.
With this initiative, the Gouvernement du Québec is pursuing its commitment to protect the personal information of citizens and to accelerate the digital transformation of the province.
Creating an account
To access certain Gouvernement du Québec online services through the Government Authentication Service, you will first need to create an account. This will only take a few minutes.
- Go to the website of the government ministry or public body in question to select the desired online service.
- On the login page of the online service, click on the hyperlink to log in.
- You will then be directed to the Government Authentication Service login page to create your account, validate your identity, and consent to the release and use of your personal information.
To create your account, make sure you have the following information:
Your health insurance card number issued by the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ). The number is located on the front of the card.
- Your social insurance number.
- Your notice of assessment number issued by Revenu Québec for the two most recent taxation years. The number begins with Q or M and contains 11 characters.
You will also be asked to confirm your identity by providing one of the following two pieces of information:
- Your driver's licence reference number issued by the Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ). The number is located on the front of the card.
- Your health insurance card reference number issued by the RAMQ, only if issued after January 2018. The number is located on the back of the card.
Don't have a notice of assessment in hand?
Log in to My Revenu Québec File to retrieve an electronic copy.
Don't have your notice of assessment number or one of the two reference numbers?
In the Government Authentication Service portal, you can ask to receive a secret identifier (secret ID) by mail. Once you receive the secret ID, you can continue creating your account.
Online services using the Government Authentication Service
- SAAQclic (driver's licence renewal, registration, etc.) - Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec
- Service québécois de certification du personnel éducateur de la petite enfance (path to become an early childhood educator) - Ministère de la Famille (in French only)
This list will be updated on a regular basis.
Assistance in creating an account
Although you can get assistance at an SAAQ service point, we recommend that you first follow these steps.
1. Go to the website of the government ministry or public body, including the SAAQ website, to select the desired online service, then follow the steps.
To walk you through this process step-by-step, see the Government Authentication Service account creation tutorial.
Watch the video
Disclaimer: the video player is YouTube’s and may have some accessibility barriers. You can skip to the content after the video
Disclaimer: the video player is YouTube’s and may have some accessibility barriers. You can skip to the content before the video.
Need assistance creating an account?
2. For assistance by phone
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Toll free: 1-877-644-4545
For the hearing impaired (TTY - toll free): 1-800-361-9596
3. For assistance in person
Visit one of the following Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ) service centres:
- La Sarre
- Langelier (Montréal)
- Thetford Mines
To locate these sites, go to saaq.gouv.qc.ca and select the "Points of Service" tab to access the list of 16 service centres offering in-person identity verification.