Mission and sectoral mandates
The Act respecting the Ministère des Finances confers on the Minister the mission of advising the government on financial matters and fostering economic development.
To this end, the Ministère des Finances supports the Minister by developing and proposing economic, fiscal, budgetary and financial policies. It also develops and proposes financial assistance and tax incentive measures to promote and support economic, investment and employment growth.
The Ministère des Finances relies on the expertise of eight major sectors:
- Comptroller of finance
- Tax law, revenue optimization and local and Aboriginal policies
- Financing, debt management and financial operations
- Budgetary policy
- Budgetary and financial policies
- Tax policy governing businesses, economic development and government corporations
- Policies respecting financial institutions and corporate law
- Individual and economic policies
These sectors are backed by support units, such as the Direction générale de l'organisation du budget et de l’administration, the Direction des communications, the Direction des affaires juridiques and the Direction du secrétariat général et de la coordination ministérielle.
Last update: January 30, 2020