Alcochoix+ is a program that empowers people to make decisions regarding alcohol consumption. It helps them choose where, when, with whom and how much they drink. Alcochoix+ is for people who:
- Are concerned about the consequences of their drinking habits
- Want to change their drinking habits
Alcochoix+ places you front and centre; you are the expert on what is best for you. The program aims to support you in your efforts and help you find solutions. Each move to reduce risks associated with alcohol consumption is a step in the right direction. Every step in that direction deserves encouragement.
Alcochoix+ offers 3 options to suit different needs:
- Self-directed option: You follow the program on your own, using the Alcochoix+ guide. You progress at your own pace over a period of 6 to 8 weeks.
- Guided option: In addition to using the Alcochoix+ guide, you meet with an Alcochoix+ counsellor a few times. The counsellor answers your questions, guides you and supports you in your efforts.
- Group option: You attend 6 group sessions. During each 90-minute session, an Alcochoix+ counsellor outlines key elements of the program. You can also discuss with other participants about hurdles encountered, strategies that work for you, your progress, etc.
The program is offered at CLSCs. Options available may differ from one CLSC to another.
Participating in Alcochoix+
You can participate in the program if:
- You are 18 years old and over
- You are concerned about your drinking
- You simply want to learn more about Alcochoix+
Find out more at your local CLSC. You can talk to a health-care professional; it is free and confidential. The health-care professional will assess whether Alcochoix+ suits your needs and personal situation.
To find contact info for your local CLSC, go to Finding a Resource.
Last update: 13 May 2016, 10:05