Given the epidemiological situation in Québec and in order to limit the spread of COVID-19, it is recommended that measures restricting access to facilities where vulnerable people live be maintained.
Several measures relating to visits by informal caregivers and outings have been put in place in CHSLDs, intermediate resources (RIs) for seniors with 20 or more residents and private seniors' homes (RPAs). Additional measures are planned to limit contact between residents living in the same RPA.
The measures differ depending on the alert level and whether or not there is an outbreak in the facility.
See the Measures in force in your region or municipality page to obtain information about your faciltity.
Health instructions for informal caregivers
- Comply fully with the basic health instructions.
- Keep a distance of 2 metres between people at all times;
- Wash hands regularly.
- Wear a medical mask at all times or a face covering in RPAs. This instruction applies to all visitors over 2 years of age, both indoors and outdoors.
- Minimize their contact outside the facility
- Seniors who are 70 years of age or older during the COVID-19 disease pandemic
- Guidelines for visitors to hospital centres during COVID-19
- Informal and family caregivers and visitors to facilities during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic
- Employer Attestation Concerning Travel During the Curfew (DOCX 762 Kb)
- Preventing deconditioning in seniors during the pandemic
Last update: February 12, 2021