Given the number of active outbreak of COVID-19 and the risks that may be associated with new variants, it is necessary to continue the application of measures to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Several measures relating to visits by informal caregivers and outings have been put in place in CHSLDs, intermediate resources (RIs) and private seniors' homes (RPAs). Additional measures are planned to limit contact between residents living in the same RPA.
The measures differ depending on the the epidemiological situation of a territory and whether or not there is an outbreak in the facility.
See the Measures in force page to obtain information about your faciltity.
Health instructions for informal caregivers
- Prove they are adequately protected.
- Comply fully with the basic health instructions.
- Keep a distance of 2 metres between people at all times;
- Wash hands regularly.
- Wear a medical procedural mask at all times. This instruction applies to all visitors over 2 years of age, both indoors and outdoors, according to the guidelines in force.
- Seniors who are 70 years of age or older during the COVID-19 disease pandemic
- Guidelines for visitors to hospital centres during COVID-19
- Informal and family caregivers and visitors to facilities during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic
- Employer Attestation Concerning Travel During the Curfew (DOCX 762 Kb)
- Preventing deconditioning in seniors during the pandemic
Last update: October 22, 2021