Start or operate an innovative business
After obtaining your Québec Selection Certificate to immigrate to Québec as an entrepreneur
Submit a permanent residence application to the Government of Canada
After obtaining your Québec Selection Certificate, you must submit an application for permanent residence to the Government of Canada.
Arriving in Québec before obtaining permanent residence
If your application is accepted, a letter of support for the early entry application will be sent to you with the acceptance letter and your CSQ.
This letter allows you, if you wish, to apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada to obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) exempt work permit with the exemption code “C-60.”
This is a work permit that allows you to arrive in Québec before obtaining your permanent residence to practise your profession or start your business project.
Arrival at the airport
If you arrive in Québec through the Montréal-Trudeau International Airport, the staff of the Reception Service of the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration will greet you. Staff can sign you up for information sessions on Québec.
- If you are arriving on an international flight
- You must first go through Canadian customs. Then, you will be directed to the Reception Service of the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration. This service is located on the 1st floor of international arrivals, in the room called “Immigration 2.” Hours of operation are 11 a.m. to midnight.
- If you are arriving on a flight from another Canadian airport
- Go to the Reception Service of the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration located in the national arrivals area. Hours of operation are 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
To get to your destination in Québec, various transport services from the airport are available.
Québec integration steps
Whether you are already in Québec or still abroad, you can begin your settlement and integration process. Here are some steps you can take:
- Register with Accompagnement Québec, the integration service for immigrants
- Consult the Settle and integrate in Québec guide
- Improve your French by taking online French courses offered by the Gouvernement du Québec
- Begin the necessary steps to obtain recognition of your competencies acquired abroad
Last update: February 23, 2023