Sponsoring another family member
Verifying your eligibility to sponsor another member of your family
Have received a confirmation from the Government of Canada of your eligibility as a guarantor
You must have submitted a sponsorship application in advance to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and have been invited to continue your steps with the Gouvernement du Québec.
Demonstrating your financial capacity
You must demonstrate that you have enough income to honour your undertaking.
If you have already made a sponsorship undertaking or undertakings, you must demonstrate that:
- You have honoured your financial obligations
- If applicable, you have repaid to the Gouvernement du Québec or another province any sum that was disbursed to this person as last resort financial assistance (social assistance).
Offence against the person
You must not have been convicted, in Canada or abroad, of murder or an offence provided for in Schedule I or II of the Corrections and Conditional Release Act , particularly:
- a sexual offence
- an attempt or threat to commit a sexual offence
- an offence causing bodily harm
- an attempt or threat of offence causing bodily harm
If you have been convicted of any of these offences, you must have been acquitted as a last resort or rehabilitated or have finished serving your sentence at least five years before submitting your application.
Last update: April 20, 2022