The use of Google Analytics
The quebec.ca site uses Google Analytics, a Web audience measurement tool.
The information collected by the tool are, for example, which pages you consult, the date, time, duration and frequency of your visits and the links on which you click. The type of operating system of your computer and the language used, the name of your Internet service provider and your geographical position (region) are also among the information items collected. Your IP address is also collected, but is anonymized (truncated) to ensure the confidentiality of the information concerning you. The anonymization of an IP address prevents a web surfer from being identified by means of that address.
Google uses the information collected only to produce statistics and reports on navigation on this site, which enables the government to improve its provision of electronic services. Google will in no event relate the information collected on this site with any other data that it stores.
If you wish, you may prevent Google from recording information concerning your navigation by installing on your computer the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on .
If you submit personal information
If you decide to submit personal information in your electronic correspondence, we wish to inform you that we will only use the information necessary to respond to your message and ensure follow-up to it.
The personal information submitted is only communicated to another government organization if your request is addressed to the organization or if such communication is required by law. It is not under any circumstances used to create user profiles and is not sent to any private organization.
The Act respecting Access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information grants you the following rights:
- respect of the confidentiality of personal information;
- access to the documents of public bodies and to your own personal information;
- to have your personal information corrected if the information is incomplete, inaccurate or equivocal, or if the collection, release or keeping of the information is not authorized by law.
You may also consult the site of the Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec .
We remind you that the sending of information by email (in French only) is not entirely secure. For this reason, we advise you not to reveal personal information, such as your social insurance number, by email. We do the same, for our part, by not answering your questions by email when this involves sending data of a confidential nature.
For more information
- Commission d'accès à l'information du Québec
- Access to information and confidentiality of personal information on Internet
- Profiling and targeted advertising
- Act respecting Access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information
- Act to establish a legal framework for information technology
Last update: January 26, 2021