If you are enrolled in a part-time French course at a school service centre, you must complete an application to receive financial assistance.
This application includes financial assistance for taking the course and for your children’s daycare. Be sure that you meet the conditions for enrolling before making your application.
To apply for financial assistance
- Download the following form on your computer: Application for financial assistance for a part-time French course at a school service centre (PDF 236 Kb) (in French only);
- Complete all the sections of the form;
- Sign the form;
- Scan the requested documents mentionned in the form and save them on your computer;
- Create an account on the Arrima platform. If you already have one, sign in;
- File your application for financial assistance via the Arrima platform.
You will receive a notification by email and in the Arrima message centre to confirm receipt of your application.
We recommend that you apply for financial assistance at the start of the session.
Otherwise, you will have 60 days after the end of your session to submit your application.
A tutorial (in French only) is available to help you.
After submitting your financial assistance application
The Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration will confirm your eligibility for financial assistance.
If your financial assistance application has been refused, you can request a reconsideration of the decision (in French only).
Attendance in the courses is compulsory.
To successfully learn French, you must:
- Actively participate in your courses
- Respect the rules of the educational institution
- Contribute to a good class atmosphere
However, you could lose your access to financial assistance if :
- You have unjustified absences during the session
- You have behaviours that interfere with your learning or that are contrary to the key values of Québec
- Your training is given at distance and you are not in Québec
Your learning in French will be evaluated.
Your results can be used as proof of your French skills to apply for Canadian citizenship.
If you believe that your evaluation results do not correspond to your French skills, you can request a grade review. Consult your educational institution to find out about the procedures and deadlines to follow.
Elsewhere in Québec (toll free):
1 877 864-9191
Last update: June 9, 2022