These part-time courses are intended for immigrants living in Québec. They will allow you to improve your French in a specific field of employment, whether for work or study.
Specialized French courses are available in the following fields of employment:
- Administration, law and business
- Engineering and applied sciences
If you want to work or study in one of these fields, the courses will allow you to improve:
- your vocabulary
- your communication with colleagues and clientele
- your ability to read and write texts
If you are registered for one of these courses, you can also register for specialized online modules in your field that are offered on a self-learning basis. To find out more, visit the page on How to register for French courses entirely online.
The specialized courses are available in Intermediate and advanced levels.
A phone interview to assess your knowledge of French may be necessary:
- Duration of 15 to 30 minutes
- Oral and written evaluation, depending on your knowledge of French.
If your knowledge of French is not sufficient for you to take the specialized course of your choice, you must first take a general French course adapted to your level.
The course schedule depends on the institution where you are registering.
There are 11 weeks of lessons per session.
Prerequisites for remote learning
You must have:
- A computer or tablet that can support the videoconference application
- A computer or tablet with a camera and microphone
- Adequate Internet access
- A personal email address (used only by you)
- A keyboard (preferably in French)
- Headset, if necessary.
You must be able to use your computer equipment in order to participate in the remote educational activities. For example, you must be able to:
- Open an email
- Access the online learning platforms
- Participate in the videoconferences
You must have a calm and isolated work space to facilitate learning.
Participation in activities
You must attend and actively participate in all individual and group educational activities.
Elsewhere in Québec (toll free):
1 877 864-9191