A situation may require you to interrupt your studies. You may then benefit from a postponement of the repayment of your student loan.
You must meet these 2 conditions:
- You were studying for at least one month during the 6 months prior to the situation.
- You intend to return to your studies.
The duration of the postponement is determined according to each situation. Once it expires, you have 1 month to resume your studies. If not, you must start repaying your loan.
You can apply for a postponement if you are in one of the following situations:
- at least 20 weeks pregnant
- birth or adoption of a child
- temporary disability of at least one month
- term as an elected executive officer of a recognized national student association located in Québec.
Please fill out the Temporary Interruption of Studies form and provide the requested documents.
Last update: November 8, 2021