To be eligible, individuals must meet the compensation plan's eligibility criteria for victims of a Héma-Québec product.
To be considered a victim, a person must:
- Have suffered bodily injury caused by a product distributed by Héma-Québec, which is defective or contaminated by known or unknown pathogens. Pathogens are infectious agents (e.g., a virus, bacteria or parasite) that cause a disease
- Meet one of the following conditions:
- Have received a defective product distributed by Héma-Québec after September 27, 1998 during a medical procedure performed in Québec
- Have contracted the disease from someone who has received a defective product distributed by Héma-Québec after September 27, 1998 in a Québec establishment. Transmission of this disease may have occurred as a result of an injury or sexual contact, for instance
- Be the child conceived by, and born alive and viable to a person considered a victim according to the previous conditions
To be eligible for the compensation plan, you must submit a compensation claim to the Institut national de santé publique (INSPQ) within 3 years from the date the bodily injury is first manifested.
A bodily injury is serious, physical or psychological, permanent damage, death included.
Several adverse reactions following the administration of a product does not constitute bodily injury. To know more about this, please see Regulation respecting the conditions for compensation to victims of a Héma-Québec product .
Last update: 02 March 2017, 10:08