COVID‑19: Medical consultation during the pandemic
Regardless of your health need, if you have flu-like symptoms or gastroenteritis symptoms or similar to COVID‑19, call 418‑644‑4545, 450‑644‑4545, 514‑644‑4545, 819‑644‑4545 or 1‑877‑644‑4545 (toll free) Monday to Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., to be referred to the right resource. If you do not have any of these symptoms and you have a health problem, you can consult even during the pandemic. Wearing a face covering is recommended during a consultation. For more information, go to the page If you need a consultation during the COVID‑19 pandemic.
Family medicine group
A family medicine group (FMG) is a group of family doctors who work together and in close collaboration with other health and social services professionals (e.g., nurse, social worker).
People who have a family doctor in the FMG in question can get a consultation and access the services offered.
Some FMGs can offer access to any clientele.
A person who goes to an FMG for a consultation can receive medical services from their own family doctor or from another doctor in the group if their family doctor is not available. All the doctors who are members of the FMG have full access to the medical records of registered patients. The person can also see a nurse, a social worker or another health professional in the FMG for follow-up services if necessary.
Aim of FMGs
The work organization in FMGs allows patients who have a family doctor to access health and social services more easily.
For doctors, this organization:
- ensures better patient management and follow-up;
- improves quality of care;
- improves access to primary care.
University family medicine group
A university family medicine group (U-FMG) is a family medicine group where patients can receive care and where residents in family medicine, students and interns in various disciplines can receive training and be supervised.
People who have a family doctor in the U-FMG in question can get a consultation there and access the services offered.
Some U-FMGs can offer access to any clientele.
A person who goes to a U-FMG for a consultation can access the same medical services and the same follow-up services as in an FMG. These services may be provided by residents in family medicine, students or interns. They can make diagnoses, write prescriptions and make recommendations. They are always supervised by doctors or qualified professionals who, as needed, also see the patients.
The work organization in U-FMGs allows patients who have a family doctor to access health and social services more easily. It also allows residents in family medicine, students and interns to receive appropriate training in a real patient management context.
A super clinic is a group of family doctors who work together and in close collaboration with other health professionals, such as nurses and social workers, to meet semi-urgent or simple urgent needs.
All clienteles can get a consultation in a super clinic:
- patients who do not have a family doctor;
- patients who are registered with a family doctor in the super clinic in question;
- patients who are registered with a family doctor who practices outside the super clinic.
Super clinics are open 7 days a week, 12 hours a day, with some exceptions. They offer all patients the possibility of making an appointment for the next day up until 3 hours before closing time if all the available consultation slots for that day are booked.
In addition to offering the same services as FMGs, super clinics offer public specimen collection and imaging services on site or nearby. It is also easier to access specialized services (e.g., orthopedics or rheumatology) in some super clinics.
Aim of super clinics
The services available in super clinics mean that clients who have a non-priority condition do not have to go to the emergency room. They provide quick access to services for primary care needs.
List of super-clinics
- Super-clinique ProActive Santé–Saint-Roch
- Super-clinique MAclinique Lebourgneuf
- Super-clinique La Cité Médicale
- Super-clinique Saint-Louis
- Super-clinique Le Mesnil
- Super-clinique Du Carrefour
- Super-clinique Val-Bélair – Valcartier – Sainte-Catherine
- Super-clinique Brunswick
- Super-clinique Reine Elizabeth
- Super-clinique Métro-Médic Centre-Ville
- Super-clinique Groupe Santé Westmount Square
- Super-clinique Herzl
- Super-clinique Clinique Médicale Diamant
- Super-clinique 1851
- Super-clinique Centre médical Métro-Monk
- Super-clinique Sud-Ouest
- Super-clinique Forcemedic
- Super-clinique Cosmopolite de Saint-Laurent
- Super-clinique Polyclinique Cœur de l'Île
- Super-clinique Papineau et CLSC Villeray
- Super-clinique Centre de médecine familiale St-Laurent
- Super-clinique Polyclinique Pointe-aux-Trembles
- Super-clinique 3000
- Super-clinique Collectif Médica
- Super-clinique Clinique médicale Angus
- Super-clinique Polyclinique Levasseur
- Super-clinique Viau
- Super-clinique Maisonneuve-Rosemont Domus-Médica
- Super-clinique Hochelaga
- Super-clinique Stillview
- Super-clinique Forcemédic Westminster
- Super-clinique du Plateau Mont-Royal
- Super-clinique MedNam Lachine
- Super-clinique Désy-Ste-Colette
- Super-clinique Forcemedic 4
- Super-clinique Centre médical Laval
- Super-clinique Concorde
- Super-clinique Médi-Centre Chomedey
- Super-clinique Sainte-Dorothée
- Super-clinique Sainte-Rose
- Super-clinique Polyclinique médicale Fabreville
Last update: June 1, 2020