Different resources are available to meet health or psychosocial needs.
Aire ouverte is a place for young people aged 12 to 25 where a range of health and wellness services are offered under the same roof.
Get a consultation: primary care health and social services
If you or a family member has a health or psychosocial problem, various resources can help you.
Consulting a Medical Specialist
Before having your first consultation with a medical specialist, you must see a family doctor. The family doctor will assess your health and refer you to a medical specialist if necessary.
Registering with a Family Doctor
To find a family doctor who is accepting new patients, you can do your research yourself or put your name on the waiting list through the Québec Family Doctor Finder, online or by phone.
Québec Family Doctor Finder
To be assigned a family doctor or a family medicine group (FMG), you can register on the waiting list through the Québec Family Doctor Finder.
Primary care access point
The Primary care access point also allows you to request a medical consultation. Your request will be assessed according to your situation and you will be directed to the most appropriate service.
Schedule an appointment online for family medicine
Québec Medical Appointment Scheduler is a free service that lets you schedule an appointment online for family medicine.
Info-Santé 811 is a free and confidential telephone consultation service. Dialling 811 promptly puts you in contact with a nurse in case of a non-urgent health issue.
Info-Social 811 is a free and confidential telephone consultation service. Dialling 811 promptly puts you in contact with a psychosocial intervention worker in the event of a psychosocial problem.
Get help with mental health
Resources to help and support you are available.
Check our directory for finding resources near a postal code or region:
- Abortion services
- Injection Equipment Access Centre (CAMI)
- Integrated STBBI Screening and Prevention Service (SIDEP)
- Laboratory tests
- Resource offering medical consultation on the same or next day
- Resource that can provide naloxone
- Your Integrated Health and Social Services Centre (CISSS) or Your Integrated University Health and Social Services Centre (CIUSSS)
Consult Other resource in directory section to find the following resources:
- Clinic or Family Medicine Group
- Community organization
- Crisis center
- Department of Public Health
- Integrated Health and Social Services Centre (CISSS) and Integrated University Health and Social Services Centre (CIUSSS)
- Local community services centre (CLSC)
- Professional association
- Readaptation center
- Research center
- Residential center or residential resource
- Specialized medical clinic
Last update: July 5, 2022