You must provide your new address to government departments and organizations as soon as possible. We must be able to communicate with you when, for example, it is time to renew important documents such as your driver’s licence and health insurance card.
You can use this online service to send your new address to these six government departments and organizations in a single step:
- Élections Québec
- Ministère du Travail, de l’Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale
- Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec
- Retraite Québec
- Revenu Québec
- Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec
Tips for preparing for your move
- Moves – Web page of the Office de la protection du consommateur website
The Office de la protection du consommateur offers consumers advice on doing business with a professional mover (e.g. choice of company, contract cancellations, damaged furniture, unexpected charges).
- Moving, trailers and loads
The Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec lists the rules that apply when you use your vehicle or a rental truck for a personal move.
Last update: November 7, 2019