QUÉBEC CITY, Sept. 15, 2022 /CNW Telbec/ - The most recent data on the evolution of COVID-19, in the last 24 hours, in Québec show:
- 844 new cases, bringing the total number of people infected to 1,188,798*;
- 19 new deaths, for a total of 16,637 deaths, i.e.;
- 2 deaths in the last 24 hours,
- 3 deaths that occurred between two and seven days ago,
- 13 deaths that occured between seven and 60 days ago,
- 107** deaths that occurred more than 61 days ago;
NOTE: As death removals are not shown in the data above, the number of death additions may exceed the number of new deaths for the day. Otherwise, 106 deaths are added to the total number of deaths since the beginning of the pandemic. This is a catch-up in the entry of deaths in the Laurentides and Mauricie-Centre-du-Québec regions since the beginning of 2021.
- 3,657 health care workers absent for COVID-related reasons (preventive withdrawal, isolation, awaiting results, etc.);
- 1,572 hospitalizations, including 520 due to COVID-19, for a decrease of 19 compared to the previous day;
- 107 new entries,
- 126 new discharges;
- 36 people in intensive care, including 19 due to COVID-19, for a decrease of 4 compared to the previous day;
- 5 new entries,
- 9 new discharges;
- 12,322 samples conducted on September 13;
- 287,543 self-declared rapid tests so far, including 240,953 positive: 187 declared for yesterday, including 155 positive.
*Note that the number of cases listed is not representative of the situation since access to screening centres is restricted to priority clienteles.
- 23,842 doses administered are added, for a cumulative total of 20,969,174 doses received by Quebecers.
To follow the evolution of the data on a daily basis, consult the open data or the INSPQ website at https://www.donneesquebec.ca/recherche/fr/organization/msss or at https://www.inspq.qc.ca/covid-19/donnees . Note that certain data, especially the number of cases, deaths and doses administered, may be subject to daily readjustment for previous days, given that a catch-up is necessary due to a delay in data entry.
A reminder concerning public health instructions:
To limit the spread of the coronavirus as much as possible, it is important to follow basic preventive measures such as hand washing, physical distancing, wearing a face covering and following the instructions in effect.
Remember that in the event of symptoms, it is always essential to isolate yourself and consult one of the self-care guides or call 1-877-644-4545 (or the telephone code corresponding to the region concerned) to find out the measures to be taken.
- Variant data, updated from Monday to Friday, available on the website of the Institut national de santé publique du Québec .
- Measures in effect .
- To monitor data updates, follow the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux's Twitter account at https://twitter.com/sante_qc (@sante_qc).
- Facebook account at https://www.facebook.com/SanteServicesSociauxQuebec/ .
- COVID-19 self-assessment tool
View original content: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/September2022/15/c9864.html