Enter your SIN in the online services

If you are an individual and wish to claim government financial assistance for an electric vehicle or a charging station, you must enter your social insurance number (SIN) in the Roulez vert program’s online services.

The obligation to enter the SIN

Revenu Québec requires the government to produce the "RL-27 slip: Government payments" when it pays financial assistance.

An individual must, by law, indicate his social insurance number when a slip must be issued in his name.

The online services are secure, and this step is mandatory in order for you to receive the financial assistance.

General notice

Please note that once logged in, all online services of the Roulez vert program are available in French only.

Financial assistance is usually non-taxable

If you have received financial assistance under the Roulez vert program for personal purposes, the amount of the financial assistance is not taxable, and you do not have to include the RL-27 slip on your income tax return.

If you received financial assistance under the Roulez vert program for the purposes of operating a business, an organization, or a property, the amount of the financial assistance must be deducted from the capital cost of the property acquired for the purposes of calculating the capital cost allowance.

To obtain additional information on the tax treatment of the RL-27, please contact Revenu Québec This hyperlink will open in a new window..


Last update: August 11, 2023


Was the information on this page useful to you?
General notice

You have questions or require additional information?

Please contact Services Québec