Eligible material resources

Adaptive equipment and various devices used at home may be reimbursed. They must be used to compensate for your child’s disability and allow them to pursue their studies. The equipment and devices must be recommended by a healthcare professional.

  • Specialized software that helps compensate for severe visual impairment and that allows access to e-books
  • Computer access devices, which are alternatives to a standard keyboard, mouse and computer screen

Eligible devices

Desktop or laptop computer

A once-in-a-lifetime amount is awarded for the purchase of a computer. It is limited to $2000, including taxes. It covers the expenses for the computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, printer, operating system (e.g. Windows or MacOS) and an office suite (e.g. Microsoft Office). This amount is awarded only for children with a major functional disability or another recognized disability.

Some peripherals that are related to the computer and are intended to compensate for the disability may be reimbursed. They must be purchased at the same time as the computer. They are covered by another amount apart from the purchase of a computer.

Assistive communication device

An assistive communication device helps persons living with verbal or written communication disorders to express themselves using symbols or pictograms. This device is reimbursed only once in a lifetime.

Your child may need a device that is not described on this page. In this case, the person that assesses your child must send us a letter explaining why they need this device.

Device repair ou replacement

You can have a device purchased under the Program repaired. In order to be reimbursed for a portion of the expenses, you must complete a repair authorization application form. If the device cannot be repaired or if the estimated repair cost exceeds 60% of the initial purchase cost, you must provide a price quote for the replacement of the device.

Last update: May 18, 2023


Was the information on this page useful to you?
General notice

You have questions or require additional information?

Please contact Services Québec