This measure offers last-resort financial assistance to subsidized educational childcare providers. It provides funding for all or part of the remuneration associated with the hours of assistance required for the integration of children with disabilities and major needs.
Presentation and purpose
This measure is supplemental to the services offered by the health and social services network, and to the services which the provider may fund under the Allowance for integrating a disabled child (AIDC) that is included in its operating allocation.
A childcare provider is eligible if the following conditions are met:
- The provider is an educational childcare service provider under the Educational Childcare Act and has subsidized spaces.
- The provider offers services to a child with a disability aged 59 months or less
- with a deficiency causing a significant and persistent disability
- with a major need for additional support due to the significant barriers encountered during the integration process
- The provider already receives the Allowance for integrating a disabled child (AIDC) for the child for whom the claim is made.
- The provider has developed a childcare integration plan for the child.
- The provider has begun a joint process with partners to meet the child’s needs, or has an intervention plan in place that meets the child’s needs.
- Ideally the provider has an intersectorial and individualized service plan (ISP) demonstrating that all the available means available (resources, programs, measures and collaborative efforts) are being used to meet the child’s needs and support the child’s integration into childcare.
Childcare providers may obtain funding for all or part of the additional expenses incurred for the necessary hours during which a resource person provides assistance and support to a child with a disability.
Each year, two calls for applications are sent by email to all subsidized childcare providers inviting them to renew their applications or make new ones in connection with the measure.
For 2022-2023, the two calls for applications took place:
- from June 01 to August 12, 2022 for renewal applications with or without a change
- from August 15 to October 14, 2022 for new applications and for renewal applications with or without a change.
It is also possible to claim this financial assistance during the course of the year.
The services provider must apply online using its childcare centre file. This is accessible via the Services en ligne page of the Ministère de la Famille.
- Guide d’utilisation de la prestation électronique de services à l’intention des services de garde (PDF 2.30 Mb) (available in French only)
- Guide d’information (PDF 103 Kb) (available in French only)
- Cadre de référence pour l’octroi de la subvention pour l’année 2022-2023 (PDF 388 Kb) (available in French only)
Last update: August 30, 2022