Mission and mandates
The Québec Government Office in New York is Québec’s primary representation in the United States. The Office promotes the interests of Québec in the following sectors: business, investment, government institutions, education, culture and public affairs. Inaugurated in 1940, the Office serves the Mid Atlantic region, which includes eight states.
- Provide information on Québec’s policies and programs.
- Maintain relations with news media and press agencies serving the region.
- Maintain bilateral relations with the Mid-Atlantic States.
- Inform universities, research centres and other interest groups of Québec’s educational initiatives.
- Promote Québec studies and collaborative projects.
- Coordinate Québec’s Francophonie initiatives among the region’s Francophone and Francophile communities.
- Promote Québec culture and artists in the United States.
- Help Québec artists and their agents, distributors and/or galleries in the United States by providing advice and financial or logistical support.
- Maintain relations with distribution/broadcast networks and serve as intermediary between those networks and Québec’s cultural community.
- Promote Québec’s products and sectors of excellence.
- Inform Americans of the advantages of doing business in Québec.
- Assist Québec goods and services exporters in seeking and identifying appropriate distribution channels (retailers, distributers, representatives, manufacturing agents, etc.).
- Provide information and guidance pertaining to markets and regulations.
- Assist companies seeking partners for joint ventures, strategic alliances, and technology transfers.
Last update: September 29, 2022