Mission and mandates
Québec has maintained an office in New England since 1970, recognizing the region’s importance as a neighbour and a partner in a wide array of sectors.
The Québec Government Office in Boston’s mandate is to defend and promote Québec’s interests throughout the region and to foster economic, political, artistic, academic and institutional exchanges with the six New England states.
- Maintain strong bilateral relations between the governments of Québec and of the New England states.
- Organize political missions in sectors of shared interest such as energy, transportation and the environment.
- Provide information on Québec to the general public, businesses, government, opinion leaders and the media.
- Monitor regional issues and legislative development of interest to Québec.
- Coordinate Québec’s Francophonie initiatives among the region’s Francophone and Francophile communities.
- Promote Québec studies and Québec culture in New England universities and develop relations between these institutions and potential Québec partners.
- Support and promote appearances and exhibitions by Québec artists on the territory and by artists from New England at cultural events in Québec.
- Promote Québec’s industries and sectors of excellence.
- Assist Québec exporters in seeking and identifying appropriate distribution channels (retailers, distributors, representatives, manufacturing agents, etc.).
- Provide Québec exporters with strategic information and guidance pertaining to markets and regulations.
- Assist companies seeking partners for joint ventures, strategic alliances, scientific collaborations and technology transfers.
- Promote US investments in Québec.
- Organize trade missions on the occasion of major trade shows and economic events on the territory.
Last update: September 29, 2022