Submit an application for permanent selection
You can present an application in one of the two streams of the permanent immigration pilot program for workers in the artificial intelligence, information technologies and visual effects sectors:
- Artificial intelligence stream;
If you must attach a notice from the Comité sectoriel de main-d’œuvre en technologies de l’information et des communications (Information and communications technologies sectorial workforce committee) to your application for permanent selection, see the page Techno-compétences (in French only). This must be done by your employer before presenting your application.
- Information technologies and visual effects stream.
Submit your application
All permanent selection requests under this program are made on the Arrima platform.
Here are the steps to submit your request:
1. Complete parts 1 and 2 of the permanent selection application form
If you are applying for the Artificial intelligence stream, use the form Pilot program for workers in the artificial intelligence, information technologies and visual effects sectors (PP AI/IT-VE) - AI stream (A-0524-AA) (PDF 773 Kb).
If you are submitting your application for the Information technologies and visual effects stream, use the form Pilot program for workers in the artificial intelligence, information technologies and visual effects sectors (PP IA/TI-EV) - TI-EV stream (A-0524-BA) (PDF 754 Kb).
Be sure to date and sign the form and all declarations.
2. Prepare the documents to support your application
You will find the list of documents to be submitted in part 2 of the permanent selection application form.
You must scan all original documents in colour. Save them in PDF format (Portable Document Format).
If a document has multiple pages, scan them together into one document.
Make sure that all documents are:
Keep all documents you submit to the Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Francisation et de l'Intégration.
3. Create an account on the Arrima platform
Create your account in Arrima .
If you already have one, sign in.
4. Submit your application for permanent selection in Arrima
You have to:
- provide information on accompanying family members;
- upload your supporting documents and your permanent selection application form;
- pay the fees for reviwing your application.
- submit your file.
You will receive a notification by email and in the Arrima message centre to confirm receipt of your application.
You can add documents at any time. If any documents are missing during the processing of your application, you will be informed.
Pay the fees for the review of your application
The following are the fees to be paid for the review of an application for permanent selection as of January 1, 2021. These fees are adjusted every January 1.
Principal applicant: $822
Spouse, de facto spouse: $176
Each dependent child: $176
The fees must be paid:
- in full;
- in Canadian dollars;
- by you or by a third party.
These fees are non-refundable, even if your request is refused or rejected.
You must pay by credit card the fee for reviewing your application.
The review of your application
Your application must be complete to be processed. To be admissible, your application must include:
- a copy of parts 1 and 2 of the permanent selection application form, depending on the stream under which you submit your application. The copy must be legible and complete;
- the documents in support of your application;
- payment of fees for reviewing your application.
If any of these items are missing from your file, you will have 60 days to provide them. Otherwise, your application will be rejected.
Attestation of learning about democratic values and the Québec values
When your application is processed, you will receive a request from the Minister of Immigration, Francization and Integration to obtain an attestation of learning about democratic values and the Québec values (attestation). This request will be sent to your Arrima message centre.
You will then have 60 days to obtain the attestation. The members of your family included in your application (spouse aged 16 and over and dependent children aged 18 and over) must also obtain the attestation within this period. Otherwise, your application will be rejected.
You will not receive this request if you and your family have already obtained your attestation.
After reviewing your application, there are three possible outcomes:
1. You are selected
If you meet all of the program requirements and an interview is not required, you will receive:
- your Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ - Québec selection certificate) and, if applicable, those of accompanying family members;
- information on the next steps in your immigration process.
2. Your application is refused
You will receive a letter advising you that your application for permanent selection will be refused if:
- you have not fulfilled all the conditions of the program;
- you have not submitted all the documents requested in the proper format and in the given deadline;
- you did not send anything to the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration.
To be selected, you must present documents or justifications that could improve your application and allow you to meet all the conditions of the program.
Following your response within the deadline, the review of your application will continue. You will then receive a decision of acceptance or refusal.
If you do not respond within the given deadline, your application will be refused. You have the option of submitting an application for administrative review.
3. Your request is rejected
You will receive a letter advising you that your application for permanent selection will be rejected if:
- The Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration has reason to doubt the authenticity of some of your declarations or the documents you have provided;
- you have provided false or misleading information or documents;
- you have not sent convincing evidence, within the given deadline, to dispel the grounds for rejection submitted;
- you did not show up for your interview at the given date.
You must present convincing evidence to dispel the grounds for rejection communicated to you in the letter.
Following your response within the requested deadline, the review of your application will continue. You might also be called for an interview. You will then receive a decision of acceptance or rejection.
If you do not respond within the given deadline, your application will be rejected. You have the option of submitting an application for administrative review.
Add or remove a family member after submitting your application
You can add or remove one of your accompanying family members on your application for permanent selection. These members can be:
- a spouse;
- a de facto spouse;
- one or more dependent children.
To add a spouse to your application, you must complete a new permanent selection application form and submit it in Arrima. You both need to:
- fill in the form;
- sign the form;
- attach documents in the requested formats;
- pay the fees for the review of the application.
To add a dependent child, you must provide all the documents requested in Part 2 of the permanent selection application form and file them in Arrima. You must also pay the examination fee for your application to add a dependent child.
If you add a family member, you will need to pay the additional fees for reviewing your application. If you are removing a family member, the fee for reviewing your application that you had previously paid for is non-refundable.
Anyone you add to your application who is 18 years of age or older will have 60 days to obtain their Attestation of learning about democratic values and the Québec values , unless they:
- have a valid study or work permit and have already participated in the Objectif Intégration session;
- is exempt from it by regulation.
Submitting an application for permanent selection using a representative
It is not necessary to use the services of a person you pay to undertake your immigration procedures. No priority or special treatment will be granted to you if you use the services of an immigration professional.
If you still decide to use the services of a paid person to represent you, see the page Retaining the paid services of an individual .
You and your representative must both have an account in the Arrima platform.
Then, you can establish a representation link in your respective accounts.
Your representative can then present your application.
The information published on this website has been simplified and provides a summary of the main regulatory provisions. It does not replace in any way the official texts of laws and regulations. For more detailed information on a specific rule, refer to the Québec Immigration Act , the Québec Immigration Regulation , or the Regulation to make three permanent immigration pilot programs .