Financial Assistance Related to Forest Fires for property owners and tenants

General notice

Evacuation because of forest fires

If you have evacuated your residence more than once because of forest fires, you must submit only one application for the emergency evacuation benefit. The $1 500 lump sum will be paid automatically to eligible individuals for subsequent evacuations.

If you are the owner or tenant of a principal residence that you have evacuated on the recommendation or order of a competent authority, you can request a $1 500 lump sum per evacuation.

Requisite documents :

  • proof of residence such as a driver’s licence, report card, notice of assessment from Revenu Québec or the Canada Revenue Agency, or any other provincial or federal government document dated prior to the disaster;
  • the municipal property tax assessment or the lease;
  • a cheque specimen.

Apply online

If you are unable to apply online, please contact the gouvernement du Québec by telephone: 1-877-644-4545. However, waiting time will depend on the volume of calls.

To determine the deadline for submitting your claim for compensation, use this tool to search for the disaster (French only). If you are unable to submit your application within the deadline, you must explain in writing to the Ministère de la Sécurité publique why you are unable to act sooner.

General notice

Service in English

Service in English is reserved for individuals covered by the exceptions stipulated in the Charter of the French language. If you have navigated to this content, you confirm is good faith that you are such an individual.

Last update: June 22, 2023


Was the information on this page useful to you?
General notice

You have questions or require additional information?

Please contact Services Québec