Separation agreement

You and your spouse can also sign a separation agreement to establish, if you ever separate:

  • how your property will be divided;
  • who will have custody of your children;
  • how much child support will be paid for your children.

To draw up an agreement with your spouse, you can ask for assistance from:

If you have an agreement, and if all else fails, you can then submit your case to the courts.

Last update: April 6, 2023


Was the information on this page useful to you?
General notice

You have questions or require additional information?

Please contact Services Québec