1. Home  
  2. Justice and civil status  
  3. Offences and fines  
  4. Statement of offence and notice of judgment

Statement of offence and notice of judgment

Warning notice

The ministère de la Justice du Québec warns the population against phishing attempts

Scammers are sending text messages inviting recipients to pay a fine by clicking on a link that looks like a government address. We never send text messages to claim payment for a fine.

Do not click on the link and delete the fraudulent message.

Amount payable on statement of offence

You must pay the fine, legal costs and a contribution if you are convicted of an offence.

  • The fine varies depending on the offence and the context in which it was committed;
  • The legal costs are those outlined in the Tariff of court costs in penal matters;
  • The contribution is an amount credited to the Crime Victims Assistance Fund and the Access to Justice Fund. It is mandatory.

Photo radar statement

If you are the owner of a vehicle, but were not driving at the time of the offence, you can use the declaration form - owner identifying the driver (PDF 108 Kb) or the declaration form - owner identifying the lessee (PDF 109 Kb) to identify the offender.

Lost statement of offence

Contact the Bureau des infractions et amendes as soon as possible to avoid additional costs.

Contact the Bureau des infractions et amendes

Notice of judgment

You have 30 days after the date you received your statement of offence to submit your plea. If you fail to do so, your file will be transmitted to the Court and a “judgment by default” will be rendered (without further notice to you). You will be found guilty.

A notice of judgment specifies:

  • the fine amount;
  • the costs (costs are added to the original amount indicated on the statement);
  • the payment deadline.

You must pay the amount due or make a payment arrangement with the fine collector to avoid additional costs.

Change of address

You must correct your address if the wrong address appears on your statement or correspondences, or if you move. Fill out the Address change form (PDF 73 Kb) or contact the Bureau des infractions et amendes.

Last update: February 2, 2024


Was the information on this page useful to you?
General notice

You have questions or require additional information?

Please contact Services Québec