1. Home  
  2. Justice and civil status  
  3. Small claims  
  4. Small claims judgment  
  5. Opposition to seizure following a decision

Opposition to seizure following a decision at the Small Claims division

A debtor may oppose seizure.

You can oppose seizure of income or amounts, or seizure or sale of property.

Opposition to the seizure of income or amounts

If income or amounts are seized (seizure in the hands of a third person), you can oppose the seizure using the form Opposition to seizure in execution (SJ-857-01A) (PDF 320 Kb). The clerk then becomes responsible for following up on your request by notifying the parties and the bailiff without delay and set a hearing date.

Opposition to the seizure or proposed sale of property

If the seizure affects some of your property, you must:

The clerk will promptly notify the parties and the bailiff and will set a hearing date.

For more information, you should contact the court bailiff responsible for the seizure or the clerk.

Last update: May 22, 2024


Was the information on this page useful to you?
General notice

You have questions or require additional information?

Please contact Services Québec