Part-time classroom courses allow you to learn French in a few hours a week.
You can learn French part-time in a classroom depending on your availability.
Classes are available for beginner and intermediate levels.
An interview to assess your knowledge of French may be necessary:
- Duration of 15 to 60 minutes
- Oral and sometimes written evaluation, depending on your knowledge of French
- In person, or by phone if you cannot be present
Free of charge
The courses are free. You do not have to pay any registration or tuition fees.
However, educational material fees may apply in some educational institutions.
The course schedule depends on the institution where you are registering.
- 8 to 12 weeks of lessons per session
- Day, evening or weekend courses
- Number of hours of lessons per week:
- 4 hours
- 6 hours
- 9 hours
- 12 hours
- 15 hours
You can choose the schedule that suits you best when you register.
Part-time courses for immigrants are given in education service centres and partner organizations of the Gouvernement du Québec.
You will need to choose the educational institution where you will take your course when you register.
A few classes are given remotely to respond to the needs of certain clienteles. You must be in Québec to attend a remote class.
Elsewhere in Québec (toll free):
1 877 864-9191