The Intern Perseverance and Success Scholarship for Various Programs in Education, Health and Social Services is intended to encourage students to persevere in and successfully complete their studies.
Eligible study programs are offered at the vocational level, the technical college level and the university level. The amount of the scholarship is based on:
- the program
- the importance of internships to the program
- the scope of the final compulsory internship
In order to be eligible, you must:
- Be enrolled in the final compulsory internship for one of the targeted programs
- Be enrolled in a public or private educational institution located in Québec and recognized by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur
- Complete the internship in Québec, unless exceptional circumstances, and in a public, subsidized private or community institution
- Complete more than half of the internship between September 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020
You are not eligible if :
- You have already received the total amount provided under the program for the same study program
- You are completing an internship in an employee or probationary capacity with the exception of final internship in education, where a maximum of five days of remunerated substitute teaching is allowed during the internship
- You are receiving a sum of money or benefiting from a bursary outside of the Québec Loans and Bursaries Program, conditional upon completion of the internship
Submitting an application
Save the form on your computer and fill it out on-screen.
- Have the application signed by the financial aid office or the administration of your educational institution.
- Mail your form, and a void cheque if necessary, no later than 60 days after the start of the internship.
- A decision will be mailed to you.
Study programs and scholarship amounts
Vocational training programs
- Institutional and Home Care Assistant, Assistance in Health Care Facilities and Home Care Assistance ($900)
- Health, Assistance and Nursing ($1 000)
- Nursing ($2 500)
- Early Childhood Education ($2 300)
- Special Care Counselling ($2 300)
- Respiratory and Anaesthesia Technology ($2 200)
- Social Service ($2 200)
- Bachelor of education leading to a teaching diploma ($3 900)
- Bachelor of Midwifery ($4 000)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing ($2 800)
- Bachelor of Social Work ($2 700)
- Master of education leading to a teaching diploma ($3 900)
- Master of Special Education ($2 500)
- Master in Communication Sciences and Disorders – Speech-Language Pathology ($2 600)
- Master of Psychoeducation ($2 700)
- Master of Social Work ($2 700)
You will receive the first installment at the beginning of the internship, which accounts for one half of the total amount of the scholarship. The second installment will be made once the educational institution confirms you have successfully completed your internship.
The scholarship received must be declared on the Scholarships or bursaries line of your application for financial assistance from the Loans and Bursaries Program, if it was awarded during the concerned calendar year. If your application for financial assistance under the Loans and Bursaries Program was sent before you received this scholarship, you must complete the Declaration of Change form using our Online Services in order to amend the information you previously reported.
Repeating an internship
If you failed or abandoned your internship and subsequently retake it, you must resubmit your application for the scholarship. Since you have already received the first installment of the scholarship, you will only receive the second installment upon successful completion of your internship.
If you abandoned your internship in the first 30 days and do not repeat it no later than the following school year, you must repay the amount received.
Last update: February 5, 2020