To complete your application, you can submit a document in Your Student Financial Assistance File . Photograph or scan your document using your smartphone or scanner.
Your electronic documents must meet the following criteria:
- The information is legible.
- All pages are present.
- The documents are signed, when required.
- If several documents are submitted at the same time, they must be in separate files.
- The accepted file formats are GIF, JPEG, PDF, PNG or TIFF.
- The size of each file should not exceed 2MB.
- The size of all the documents together should not exceed 30MB (the size of an image can be reduced by decreasing its quality).
- A delay is necessary for the documents to be available in your file. Check the processing dates for documents received.
- If there are online versions of the forms in your file, you cannot submit them electronically.
You can send your documents by mail
If you are unable to submit your documents online, you can mail them to us. If you have received a notice, you must include it with your mailing. Write your Permanent Code on each document. Students who do not have a permanent code must write their full name on each document.
For more information, please contact Student Financial Assistance, Client Services.
Last update: October 12, 2022