Financial Assistance

The Gouvernement du Québec offers you financial assistance to encourage you to take full-time courses. You could receive this assistance for your participation in the courses, your transportation and dependent care expenses.

Financial assistance for your participation in the courses

You can receive $205 per week.

Apply for financial assistance for your course participation on the same form as your course registration. You must answer “yes” to the question:
“Are you requesting financial assistance from the Ministère to participate in the training?”

You cannot receive this financial assistance if:

  • you or your spouse are receiving last-resort financial assistance (social assistance)
  • you are already receiving money from:
    • employment insurance (unemployment)
    • Workforce training measures
    • Aim for Employment Program
    • Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité au travail (CNESST)
    • Quebec Parental Insurance Plan (maternity or parental leave)
    • Financial Assistance Program for Skills Recognition Refresher Training (PAFFARC)
  • your refugee claim is being analyzed by the Government of Canada

To find out if you can receive financial assistance to learn French while taking on-the-job training, consult the workforce training measure.

Financial assistance for your transportation

You can receive an amount of money to pay for the cost of your transportation.

This financial assistance is a lump sum of $25 per week for the duration of your full-time training.

If there is no public transportation in your area, financial assistance is calculated based on the distance, in kilometres, you must travel to get to your course.

Apply for financial assistance automatically with your course admission application.

This financial assistance is not offered to students who take distance education.

Financial assistance for childcare

You can receive a maximum reimbursement of $25 for each child that must be babysat for you to attend a course.

You can also apply for this financial assistance for the care of disabled dependents.

If your spouse is also taking a French course, only 1 of the 2 parents can receive financial assistance for childcare.

To apply for the reimbursement of childcare costs:

  1. Fill out the form Demande de remboursement de frais de garde A-0593-CF (PDF 328 Kb) (in French only).
  2. Add the required documents to the form.
  3. Submit the completed form and the required documents to the secretariat of the educational institution.

You cannot receive this financial assistance if the caregiver is your spouse.

We recommend that you apply for reimbursement at the start of the session.

Otherwise, you will have 60 days after the end of your session to submit your application.

To find a childcare service, consult the List of available childcare centres (CPE) and daycare centres.