Even if you are enrolled part-time, you could qualify for the Loans and Bursaries Program if you are deemed a full-time student.
You are deemed full-time if you are enrolled in at least 20 course hours a month and one of the following situations applies to you:
- You are at least 20 weeks pregnant.
- You are a single parent and live with your child who is under age 12 as of September 30 of the award year.
- You live with a child (yours or your spouse’s) who is under age 6 as of September 30 of the award year.
- You live with a child (yours or your spouse’s) with a major functional disability or a serious mental disorder.
- You have a major functional disability that is recognized by Aide financière aux études.
- You are unable to pursue full-time studies for more than one month due to a serious episodic disorder that results from permanent major mental or physical health problems as confirmed by a medical certificate.
- You are a participant in the Réussir program of the Ministère du Travail, de l’Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale.
You also need to meet the program’s eligibility requirements.
If you and your spouse are both students, only one of you can be deemed full-time during a given award year.
Last update: May 22, 2020