Even if you are enrolled part-time, you could qualify for the Loans and Bursaries Program if you are deemed a full-time student.
You are deemed full-time if you are enrolled in at least 20 course hours a month and one of the following situations applies to you:
- You are at least 20 weeks pregnant.
- You are a single parent and live with your child who is under age 12 as of September 30 of the award year.
- You live with a child (yours or your spouse’s) who is under age 6 as of September 30 of the award year.
- You live with a child (yours or your spouse’s) with a major functional disability or a serious mental disorder.
- You have a major functional disability that is recognized by Aide financière aux études.
- You are unable to pursue full-time studies for more than one month due to a serious episodic disorder that results from permanent major mental or physical health problems as confirmed by a medical certificate.
- You are a participant in the Réussir program of the Ministère du Travail, de l’Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale.
You also need to meet the program’s eligibility requirements .
If you and your spouse are both students, only one of you can be deemed full-time during a given award year.
Last update: February 5, 2020