Getting a medical consultation with a health professional if you are taken care of by a group of doctors

Once registered on the waiting list (GAMF), the RAMQ may have informed you that you are taken care of by a group of doctors while waiting to be registered with a particular family doctor.

To get a medical consultation, you can contact the Primary Care Access Point (GAP).

General notice

How to get a medical consultation through the GAP

The goal of the GAP is to provide access to the right service given by the right provider at the right time after a health professional has assessed your needs.

If you do need a consultation, you will be referred to the clinic to which you are assigned whenever possible. This consultation could be with a family doctor, but also with another health professional, such as a nurse, a social worker, a physiotherapist, or other professional.

The best service may therefore be to offer you health advice that you can apply at home (self care). It may also be to suggest that you talk to your pharmacist, if they have the information that best meet your needs.

To find out more:

Last update: February 23, 2023


Was the information on this page useful to you?
General notice

You have questions or require additional information?

Please contact Services Québec