1. Home  
  2. Immigration  
  3. Refugees and asylum seekers  
  4. Collective sponsorship of a refugee who is abroad  
  5. After submitting your application  
  6. Application for permanent residence for the person you are sponsoring

Application for permanent residence for the person you are sponsoring

Once your undertaking application is accepted, you must submit an application for permanent residence for the individual you are sponsoring and their accompanying family members. The applications must be made  with the Government of Canada.

Your spokesperson will receive instructions on how to submit this application in a message on their Arrima account, once you have received the decision to accept your undertaking application.

The Government of Canada is responsible for:

  • determining whether the people you sponsor can be recognized as refugees or people in a country of asylum
  • granting permanent residence or not to the people you sponsor by applying its health criteria and security and crime controls.

Consult the website of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada for details concerning the submission and examination of residence applications This hyperlink will open in a new window..


Contact the ministère de l'Immigration, de la Francisation et de l'Intégration

Last update: February 23, 2023


Was the information on this page useful to you?
General notice

You have questions or require additional information?

Please contact Services Québec