Renewing your authorizations to work temporarily in Québec

If you wish to extend your authorizations to work in Québec, your employer must take steps with the Gouvernement du Québec and the Government of Canada to obtain a new Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). You will have to:

  • Complete a new Application for temporary selection to obtain a new Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ); 
  • Submit a new work permit application to the Government of Canada.

To renew your authorizations, you must provide for processing times and initiate your process at least six months before your current work permit expires.

If you have decided to start the process of obtaining permanent residence with the Government of Canada, you have other options for renewing your work permit.


Last update: December 11, 2023


Was the information on this page useful to you?
General notice

You have questions or require additional information?

Please contact Services Québec