Temporary Foreign Worker Program
Submitting an Application for temporary selection
Once you have obtained an official offer of employment from an employer, you must send this employer your Application for temporary selection, accompanied by certain documents. This will allow continuation of the steps required from the Gouvernement du Québec.
Verify if you are in one of the situations where you do not need the Québec Acceptance Certificate to work temporarily
Completing the Application for temporary selection form
You must complete the Application for temporary selection — Temporary Foreign Worker Program (PDF 409 Kb) form.
If you complete the form by hand, you must print in block letters in blue or black ink. Illegible writing could render your application ineligible.
You must sign the form by hand.
You must send this form directly to your employer, with the other documents to attach to your application.
Don’t forget to sign the section Authorization given to employer (section 11 of the form) to authorize your employer to represent you in your steps with the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (MIFI).
List of documents to send
So that your employer can follow up your application for a Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ), you must provide them with the following documents in addition to the Application for temporary selection form:
- The contract of employment (PDF 171 Kb) (in French only) completed and signed by your employer and countersigned by you
- A copy of the pages of your passport, including:
- Your name;
- Your place of birth; and
- Your signature.
- Your detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae;
- A copy of your diplomas and their accompanying academic transcripts;
- Any attestation of employment for work experience relevant to the position offered, as the case may be;
- Your previous residence permits (e.g., work permit, study permit or visitor record, if applicable).
The documents must be in French or English. Documents in a language other than French or English must be accompanied by a translation signed and authenticated by a professional translator.
If you have been hired as an in-home caregiver, you have different documents to send to your employer. Go to the page Documents to provide for in-home caregivers.
Paying the fees required to review your application
The processing fees of an application for temporary selection may be paid by you or by your employer. For applications submitted in Arrima, payment of the applicable fees must be made by credit card in the Employer Portal before submitting the application to the Ministère. If you assume the costs of the application, here are the fees payable for a review on or after January 1, 2024. The fees are adjusted on January 1 of each year.
Temporary foreign worker: $222
The fees must be paid:
- in full;
- in Canadian funds only;
- when the application is deposited or mailed.
Payment methods for postal delivery, if applicable
The payment methods accepted are:
- Credit card: You must complete and sign the P (PDF 140 Kb)ayment by credit card form (PDF 140 Kb) and attach it to your application. Clearly indicate the amount payable on the form, or else it will be returned to you. In case of refusal of your credit card transaction, you will not be notified and your entire docket will be returned to you by regular mail.
- Canada Post money order;
- Bank draft drawn on a Canadian bank;
- Certified cheque drawn on a Canadian bank;;
- Cheque issued by a stockbroker;
- Cheque from a Canadian company.
Cheques and bank drafts must:
- Be made payable to the following name: Minister of Finance of Québec;
- Be identified with the applicant`s name in block letters on the back.
The following payment methods are not accepted:
- Payments in cash;
- Personal cheques;
- Traveller’s cheques.
Sending the documents to your employer
You must send your employer:
- The Application for temporary selection form completed and signed;
- All the documents to support your application.
Your employer will be responsible for submitting your application.
Waiting for the decision to be communicated to your employer
If your employer's job offer is accepted (positive or neutral EIMT), as well as your application for temporary selection, they will send you :
- The attestation letter for your Québec Acceptance Certificate; and
- The confirmation letter from Service Canada and the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (MIFI).
You'll need all these documents to apply for a work permit from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Using the services of an immigration representative
It is not necessary to retain the paid services of an individual to take steps on your behalf. No priority or special treatment will be granted to you if you use the services of a professional or an immigration consultant.
If you nonetheless decide to be represented, go to the page Get represented in your immigration procedures.
Last update: December 19, 2023